myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: Call Backing Bean Method in onload event
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Are we talking here about running code *as part of the server request*, or triggering code
*from the browser*?

Daniel's original email was rather difficult to understand, but it appeared to me that he
wanted the *browser* to trigger code on the *server* to run after the browser had loaded the
page. Quite why anyone would want to do this is not clear to me, so maybe this is not what
he meant, but he does talk about javascript onload events...

Andrew, your new wiki page was not particularly clear to me. I presume you mean to talk about
"view lifecycle events" there, executed as part of request handling? Again, it could be confused
with javascript (ie "onload" event handling). I had to read it several times..

Regards,

Simon