myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Sansaricq Marcel-EMS002" <Marcel.Sansar...@motorola.com>
Subject RE: Client side validation
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 16:18:06 GMT
Indeed, it seems that there are conflicts and there is some coverage on
the forum regarding conflicts between Trinidad and RichFaces AJAX
implementations.

Unfortunately, RichFaces does not provide client side validation at this
time and since I don't want to undo everything already done with
RichFaces and use Trinidad instead, I was trying to find another option.
It seems that I will have to use my own Javascript client validation the
old fashion way which will not be integrated with JSF. I was trying to
avoid that.

-----Original Message-----
From: mwessendorf@gmail.com [mailto:mwessendorf@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Matthias Wessendorf
Sent: 11/07/2007 11:12
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: Client side validation

hrm,
perhaps the different solutions don't work well together...

Doesn't RichFaces provide a client side validation ?

On 11/7/07, Sansaricq Marcel-EMS002 <Marcel.Sansaricq@motorola.com>
wrote:
> Thanks,
> However, as soon as I add this context param in my web.xml and test my
> application, all AJAX functionality provided by RichFaces components
> stop working.
>
> Any idea if this can be resolved ?

<param-name>org.apache.myfaces.ENABLE_CLIENT_SIDE_VALIDATION</param-name

>         <param-value>true</param-value>
>    </context-param>
>
> Then you dont have to change anything in your page, it should start
> working:)
>
> Immediate commands just skip it.
>
> Cagatay,
>
> On Nov 6, 2007 11:01 PM, Sansaricq Marcel-EMS002
> <Marcel.Sansaricq@motorola.com> wrote:
> > Hi Cagatay,
> >
> > I am trying to figure out how to use the sandbox client side
> validation
> > by looking at the source code of the examples on the irian web site.
> >
> > More specifically, the code below is for the "Conversion&Validation
> with
> > Standard Form".
> >
> > Can you clarify what triggers client side validation in the example
> > below ?
> >
> > Or maybe you can elaborate on how to best use it.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> >
> > Marcel
> >
> > <%@ page session="false" contentType="text/html;charset=utf-8"%>
> > <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>
> > <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>
> > <%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk" prefix="t"%>
> > <%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox" prefix="s"%>
> >
> > <!--
> > /*
> >  * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
> >  * or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
> >  * distributed with this work for additional information
> >  * regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
> >  * to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
> >  * "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
> >  * with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
> >  *
> >  *   http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
> >  *
> >  * Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
> >  * software distributed under the License is distributed on an
> >  * "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
> >  * KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
> >  * specific language governing permissions and limitations
> >  * under the License.
> >  */
> > //-->
> >
> > <%@include file="inc/head.inc" %>

> > <f:view>
> >
> >   <h:form id="carForm">
> >
> >                 <t:messages forceSpan="true" layout="list" />
> >
> >                 <h:panelGrid columns="3">
> >                         <h:outputText id="lbl_id" value="Id
> > *"></h:outputText>
> >                         <h:inputText id="txt_id"
> > value="#{customerCreateBean.customer.id}"
> required="true"></h:inputText>
> >                         <t:message for="txt_id" forceSpan="true" />
> >
> >                         <h:outputText id="lbl_name" value="Name
> > *"></h:outputText>
> >                         <h:inputText id="txt_name"
> > value="#{customerCreateBean.customer.name}"
> > required="true"></h:inputText>
> >                         <t:message for="txt_name" forceSpan="true"
> [...]
value="Surname
> > *"></h:outputText>
> >                         <h:inputText id="txt_surname"
> > value="#{customerCreateBean.customer.surname}"
> > required="true"></h:inputText>
> >                         <t:message for="txt_surname"
forceSpan="true"
> />
> >
> >                         <h:outputText id="lbl_age"
> > value="Age"></h:outputText>
> >                         <h:inputText id="txt_age"
> > value="#{customerCreateBean.customer.age}">
> >                                 <f:validateLongRange minimum="18"
> > maximum="50" />
> >                         </h:inputText>
> >                         <t:message for="txt_age" forceSpan="true" />
> >
> >                         <h:outputText id="lbl_address"
> > value="Adress"></h:outputText>
> >                         <h:inputText id="txt_address"
> > value="#{customerCreateBean.customer.address}">
> >                                 <f:validateLength minimum="2"
> > maximum="5"/>
> >                         </h:inputText>
> >                         <t:message for="txt_address"
forceSpan="true"
> />
> >
> >                         <h:outputText id="lbl_salary"
> > value="Salary"></h:outputText>
> >                         <h:inputText id="txt_salary"
> > value="#{customerCreateBean.customer.salary}">
> >                                 <f:validateDoubleRange
minimum="1000"

http://example.irian.at/example-sandbox-20071106/home.jsf#ClientSideVali
> > dation
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Cagatay
> >
> > On Nov 6, 2007 4:54 PM, Sansaricq Marcel-EMS002
> > <Marcel.Sansaricq@motorola.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > Hi everybody,
> > >
> > > I am currently using MyFaces 1.1.5, along with Tomahawk 1.1.6 and
> > RichFaces
> > > 3.1.0 and I want to use client side validation in my project.
> Trinidad
> > seems
> > > to provide the features I need, however, based on the warnings I
see
> > about
> > > using RichFaces and Trinidad together mainly because of AJAX
> problems,
> > I am
> > > hesitant to use Trinidad. Due to project deadlines, I don't want
> > migrate
> > > from RichFaces AJAX components to Trinidad at this time.
> > >
> > > It looks like the jsf-comp client validator work that Cagatay
Civici

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff: