myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Neil Venn <n...@seabright-consulting.co.uk>
Subject Re: [TRINIDAD] dialog framework
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 15:01:17 GMT

Neil Venn wrote:

> We are using Trinidad 1.0.2 at present.
>
> We wish to use the dialog framework to provide a veto for the submit of a
> page rather than to collect data from the dialog. Can anyone suggest a way
> for the event handler to submit to faces navigation.

I guess I didn't make myself clear...perhaps an example would help...

PageOne (a regular page) allows a user to enter a set of data and includes
an "add" button. When the user clicks the "add" button we would like to
present an "Are you sure?" dialog with "Yes" and "No" buttons: if the user
clicks "No" they will return to PageOne but if they click "Yes" they should
progress to PageTwo.

I think the problem is that the event listener has a void return and connect
therefore return the necessary string to trigger navigation to PageTwo.

Thanks
Neil