myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Friedrich <trini...@eekboom.com>
Subject Validation for table column?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 13:56:15 GMT
Maybe this is more a JSF question than related to Trinidad.
(Or maybe not - I don't know how h:dataTable would work in contrast).

In one column my tr:table contains inputText fields which contain integer values.

I have to implement a validator that checks the sum of all numbers entered in that column.

In my validator how the heck do I get access to the values of input fields in the column?
I can access the tr:column just fine, but where are the local values of each row? I understand
that no JSF component instances are created, but the values sure must be accessible somewhere?!

And a minor related question: Is there a more elegant way to attach the validator as what
I did currently? I added a dummy hidden field after the table just to add the validator to
that field.