myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Renzo Tomaselli <renzo.tomase...@tecnotp.it>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] can't run 1.0.3 under Eclipse embedded browser
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 08:58:51 GMT
<head>
</head>
Hi, finally I discovered that there is a js bug in Core.js, function
_validateInline: it should check for arg "validators" non being
undefined.<br>
This function is called by form validation code inserted in pages on
the fly.<br>
Adding:<br>
&nbsp; if (!validators)<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; return (failureArray.length == 0);<br>
fixes all.<br>
For unknown reasons, on the embedded browser this error prevents
submitting completion, while on standalone browsers it does not.<br>
And yes, Firebug signals it properly.<br>
-- Renzo<br>
Renzo Tomaselli wrote:
No errors whatsoever but AFAIK IE6 does not report js errors, it simply
stops to render properly.<br>
I could observe a different behavior on links since after clicking on
them I can hear the typical "click" of IE while a request is being
processes. Contrarywise - no effect after clicking buttons.<br>
However no breakpoint is reached (such as on a PhaseListener or on any
view processing Trinidad/Facelets method.).<br>
I could try to debug submitForm() the hard way (window.status, alert,
etc.)&nbsp; but I don't know how to detach involved parts of Common1_0_3.js
which appears to be generated on the fly by merging several js sources.<br>
-- Renzo<br>
Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
 cite="mid:71235db40710270725q3209e22fndce2196ac4f84938@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
    <pre wrap="">ha! that is really strange.
any kind of JS-error show by that beast ?

-M

On 10/27/07, Renzo Tomaselli <a moz-do-not-send="true"
 class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it">&lt;renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it&gt;</a>
wrote:
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Hi, I wonder if anybody succeeded to run a Trinidad 1.0.3-based
application on the browser embedded in Eclipse, version 3.3 (latest) for
Windows (or even 3.2).
Trinidad 1.0.2 runs fine, while 1.0.3 does not. A simple page like this:

&lt;!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
<a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
 href="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"</a>&gt;
&lt;tr:document  xmlns:tr=<a moz-do-not-send="true"
 class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad">"http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad"</a>&gt;
    &lt;tr:form id="login"&gt;
        &lt;tr:commandButton text="hi" action="#{testBean.action}"/&gt;
    &lt;/tr:form&gt;
&lt;/tr:document&gt;

does not submit anything to the server from such browser. No action, no
errors. Just flipping the jar pair trinidad-impl/api between 1.0.2 and
1.0.3 makes this problem flipping as well. No cache involved.
I guess the problem is somewhere in js method submitForm(), but there is
no client-side debugging available. Also I noticed that links do submit
something, but Trinidad/Facelets machinery is not reached. Buttons do
not even fire any request.
Funny enough, FF 2.0, IE 6/7 have no problems. I read that the Eclipse
embedded browser should be IE6, however IE6 runs fine while taken
standalone.

-- Renzo

    </pre>
    <pre wrap=""><!---->