myfaces-users mailing list archives

From simon <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: [JSF] and maybe [+obago] : how to get the id of the current element to pass it to a function
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 14:43:54 GMT
On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 16:04 +0200, Zied Hamdi wrote:
> Hi Tobago friends,
>
> I have a question for all JSF users (th'at's why I wrote +obago for
> those who have filters). I'd like to let each user choose what he
> wants displayed in his/her label and link fields. So I wrote a
> function that I'd like to call this way for example:
>
>             <tc:column>
>
>                   <tc:link label="#{itf:toString(contract.client,
> 'xxxx' )}"></tc:link>
>
>             </tc:column>
>

> Where I'd like to have in xxxx the id of the current element.  Does
> anyone have a solution to insert it automatically through javascript
> or an el expression?
>
> I think javascript could be a good candidte sth like
>
> function( tag ) {
>   return tag.id;
> }
>
> But I'm really bad in js, I don't know when it gets called, how to
> call it to fill in the value at page load, and fetures like that...

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Are you intending to have a database of (labelid, text) per user on the
server side, and using this table to generate different-looking html
output for each user?

Or are you going to somehow have a big javascript hashmap on the client
side with (labelid, text) pairs that you use to post-process the page
after it has been returned to the browser?

In either case, how is the user going to specify what text they want?

Or do you mean something else?

Regards,

Simon