myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Arvind Pandey" <arvin...@datamatics.com>
Subject JBOSS thread handling (JBoss stability)
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 07:51:58 GMT
Hi all !

      we are using myfaces 1.1.5, spring and hibernate in JBoss-4.0.4.GA. we
have deployed the application
in JBoss for performance and stability. We read the below site for
performance

    http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Performance

and changed the web.xml accordingly.
now the performance is ok...

but we are facing problem with stability.  We saw the web console of JBoss,
it shows the number of threads.
Initially when we start the application with 25 different users on different
m/c, it starts with 120 threads. Everyday the number of threads gets
increased by almost 100 to 150 threads.

    Can anyone tell me how many threads JBoss can handle at the most? How to
stop this increment in threads count? Because I feel if it will keep on
increasing then after some days JBoss will crash and stability will be lost.
    Please suggest some solution so that we can overcome this issue..

thanks and regards
Arvind Pandey

Disclaimer: The information contained in this e-mail and attachments if any are privileged
and confidential and are intended for the individual(s) or entity(ies) named in this e-mail.
If the reader or recipient is not the intended recipient, or employee or agent responsible
for delivering to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication or attachments thereof is strictly prohibited. IF YOU RECEIVE
this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and return the original
message.