myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Cooper" <matt.fa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [TRINIDAD] Proposal - fieldset/legend component
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:35:01 GMT
I like that name too.  Should the text for it be "text" like on other
components or "caption"?

Regarding this example mentioned earlier:

this could potentially be supported but without the lines drawn along the
sides.  I'm thinking that when placed directly inside of a panelFormLayout,
it could have the simple separator lines (exactly like tr:group today) but
with the caption appearing on top of the upper separator line, e.g.:

label1    field1
-- Caption -----
label2    field2
label3    field3
label4    field4

and when outside of a panelFormLayout (as in your proposal) where you don't
have to play well with the table structure of the form layout, the
PanelCaptionGroupRenderer will use the normal fieldset elements.

Regards,
Matt