myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] tr:column, attribute shortDesc not working?
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 22:31:45 GMT
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/tables.html#h-11.2.6

TITLE is a core attribute, and therefore is inherited by just about
every HTML element. Not sure of browser compatibility, but since the
w3 says so, probably should be supported on just about everything.

TITLE has accessibility importance too:

"Values of the title attribute may be rendered by user agents in a
variety of ways. For instance, visual browsers frequently display the
title as a "tool tip" (a short message that appears when the pointing
device pauses over an object). Audio user agents may speak the title
information in a similar context. For example, setting the attribute
on a link allows user agents (visual and non-visual) to tell users
about the nature of the linked resource"