myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Security role question
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 13:29:14 GMT
I had the same problem, and my solution was to use plain jsp means for
this. I wrote a custom pagePermission Tag, which is included in every
protected page. The necessary data (which permission should be checked) is
given to the tag via EL expressions. The Tag then checks the permission,
and throws an exception if the user has no permission. The exception is
handled by a custom error handling mechanism (although one could also use
then ew error handling from myfaces 1.2.1 snapshots)

Note, however, that this solution has a philosophy problem: Permissions are
treated like visual components. For my use case, however, the simplicity of
the solution outweighs this.

If there are better solutions around, I'd also be interested in
alternatives.

        Thomas

Angel Miralles Arevalo <anmiralles@yahoo.es> schrieb am 03.09.2007
12:16:43:

> Hi everyone, I'm trying to implement passive security on my application.
Let