myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Schröder, Mario <mario.schroe...@saxsys.de>
Subject AW: Input & ValueChangeListener
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:46:46 GMT
Hi Pedro,

thanks fort he tip. Butt he tag 'autoSubmit' does not exists in the TLD (http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/tobago-core/tlddoc-1.0.11/tc/in.html).
Or do you mean to declare it somewhere else?

Mario

________________________________

Von: calcao.pedro@gmail.com [mailto:calcao.pedro@gmail.com] Im Auftrag von Pedro Calcao
Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. September 2007 10:30
An: MyFaces Discussion
Betreff: Re: Input & ValueChangeListener

Hi Mario,

Not sure if that can be the problem, but don't you need to set autoSubmit="true" in your input
component so that the event gets fired?

Hope it helps :)

Pedro

On 9/18/07, Schröder, Mario <mario.schroeder@saxsys.de> wrote:

Hi,

I'm having a problem with a valuechangelistener attached to an input field in Tobago.

The method in the Bean is never been called. Strange enough, with Sun's JSF reference implementation
and just one input field the listener works fine. But as soon as I add another input field
nothing happens.

What might be the problem?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Here are snippets of my code:

The Controller:

public class EventController{

      private Log log;

      private String someValue;

      public EventController() {

            log = LogFactory.getLog( this.getClass());

      }

      public String getSomeValue() {

            return someValue;

      }

      public void setSomeValue(String someValue) {

            this. someValue = someValue;

      }

      public void processValueChange(ValueChangeEvent e)

                  throws AbortProcessingException {

            log.info( "==== Change Event: " +e);

      }

}

The jsp:

< tc:page>

    <f:facet name= "layout">

      <tc:gridLayout rows= "fixed" columns ="fixed;fixed " />

    </f:facet >

    <tc:out value= "Value:"/>

    <tc:in value="#{ controller.someValue}" id= "in" valueChangeListener="#{controller.processValueChange}"
/>

  </ tc:page >

Faces-config.xml:

< managed-bean>

      <managed-bean-name >controller </managed-bean-name >

      <managed-bean-class >EventController </managed-bean-class >

      <managed-bean-scope >session </managed-bean-scope >

</ managed-bean>