myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Volker Weber" <v.we...@inexso.de>
Subject Re: Re[2]: SelectItem's constructor's "value" parameter and selectOneListBox
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:49:37 GMT
Your object must converted into a representation which is a legal
value for a html option tag. e.g.:

<option value="convertedValue">label</option>

and convertedValue must convertable back to your Object if selected
and send back to the server.

Regards,
    Volker

2007/9/17, Evgeniy Karimov <karimoveugene@mail.ru>:
> Thank you, but I don't really understand why I should use any converter at all? Why I
must convert my object to anything?

is no String ... does not have a Converter". Seems like myBackingBean.listBoxValue must be
of String type, but this isn't logical because first argument of SelectItem constructor is
of Object type, so it _should_ be possible to use MyObject as a value of ListBox, isn't it?