myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Costa Basil <costa_ba...@yahoo.ca>
Subject validation and immediate components inside a dataTable
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 02:10:55 GMT
Hi:

I have a dataTable component with two columns containing inputText fields.
I used value binding for both inputText fields:

 <t:inputText id="value1" value="#{row.value1}" ...></t:inputText>

<t:inputText id="value2" value="#{row.value2}" immediate="true"...></t:inputText>

row is an object of a class that has getters and setters for value1 and value2 properties.

Here is what I don't understand. In case the value1 validation fails for one of the rows in
the dataTable, the setters are not called for value2 even if value2 has immediate=true. Why?
Also if value1 had immediate=true and the validation for value1 failed for some rows, shouldn't
the setters for the other rows be called?

 Am I missing something?!

I am using MyFaces/Tomahawk 1.1.5.

Thanks

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new
Yahoo! Mail