myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] maven-faces-plugin tag-handler custom for one component?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 04:49:25 GMT
On 9/18/07, Andrew Robinson <andrew.rw.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:
> It doesn't appear that GenerateFaceletsTaglibsMojo supports facelet
> component handlers (tag handler) specific to a component. I would
> propose support for a new tag.
>
> Proposed changes:
>
> 1) Add new property "tagHandler" to
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidadbuild.plugin.faces.parse.ComponentBean
>
> 2) New tag for the *.xml files as a component-extension
> <mpf:tag-handler>[class]</mfp:tag-handler>
>
> 3) Change parser to parse the new XML element in
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidadbuild.plugin.faces.parse.FacesConfigParser
> (tag-handler to tagHandler)
>
> 4) Change mojo class to see if componet.getTagHandler() != null and
> use it instead of the global value if provided.
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidadbuild.plugin.faces.GenerateFaceletsTaglibsMojo
>
> I wanted to propose this in case I missed something or it is possible
> before creating a JIRA issue.

Looks good - JIRA issue and a checkin sounds great!  Ditto
for the other problems you've found with the Facelets
plugin, though I'm curious about the lack of a renderer-type;
I'm guessing that all of the Trinidad components are setting
their own renderer types automatically and not relying on
Facelets to do it for them.

-- Adam