myfaces-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trinidad 1.2.1: SelectOrderShuttle leading/trailingDescShown Fails For Me
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 20:54:31 GMT
Or, rather, it will if we get a JIRA issue on it...

-- Adam


On 9/5/07, Adam Winer <awiner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> No, it will not be in 1.2.2.  It'll be in 1.0.3 and 1.2.3.
>
> -- Adam
>
>
> On 9/4/07, Gregg Leichtman <gsl1@erols.com > wrote:
> >
> >  Agreed. The port to Trinidad did _not_ cause this problem. My initial
> > diagnosis was incorrect and your point on Tiles demonstrating the problem is
> > the correct diagnosis.
> >
> > Are you in a position to say if this fix will make it into 1.2.2?
> >
> >                                         -=> Gregg <=-
> >
> > Adam Winer wrote:
> >
> > Oh, absolutely, it's a bug, and we'll apply the fix you've provided.
> > I'm just pointing out that it's a really long-standing one, and that:
> >
> > 'This worked fine in ADF Faces before
> > porting to Trinidad where the listName was just "shuttle1:leading".
> > Note, however, that Trinidad now adds an additional "content" prefix'
> >
> > ... isn't quite right, since the bug existed in ADF Faces too,
> > and Trinidad doesn't add the "content" prefix itself.
> >
> > -- Adam
> >
> >
> > On 9/4/07, Gregg Leichtman <gsl1@erols.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Having thought about this following your FYI (thank you for the hint),
> > > I
> > > realized that Tiles must indeed be adding a tiles name prefix to the
> > > name and ID attributes. The shuttle component is in a tile whose
> > > definition name is, not surprisingly, "content".
> > >
> > > Given this, however, I still would classify this behavior in Trinidad
> > > as
> > > a bug based on the following reasoning. The component code that is
> > > generating the JavaScript variables:
> > >
> > >         content_shuttle1_leading_desc
> > >         content_shuttle1_trailing_desc
> > >
> > > appears to use a global replace of underscore for colon (I didn't
> > > check
> > > the Java code for this, but it seems reasonable based upon the
> > > generated
> > > ID); however, the code in the generated JavaScript function
> > > TrShuttleProxy._getDescArray that searches for an element match via ID
> > > uses a single or first replace of underscore for colon. This
> > > inconsistency in the handling of the modification of element IDs will
> > > always cause a problem for any code, Tiles or otherwise that adds
> > > something with a colon to the ID.
> > >
> > > Therefore, I would re-categorize this as an integration bug instead of
> > > a
> > > general Trinidad bug, but I would suggest that it is still a bug in
> > > Trinidad that should be fixed. If nothing else, I will need to,
> > > hopefully temporarily, create a duplicate TrShuttleProxy._getDescArray
> > > function with the suggested patch in order to get this functionality
> > > to
> > > work with Tiles or alternatively modify the Java generation code,
> > > something I would rather not do, since the latter interferes with easy
> > > upgrades.
> > >
> > > Do you agree that this is a bug and that it should be fixed?
> > >
> > >                                                               -=>
> > > Gregg <=-
> > >
> > > Adam Winer wrote:
> > > > Gregg,
> > > >
> > > > FYI, I don't think Trinidad is adding the "content:".   Perhaps
> > > > Tiles 2.0 is (I've not looked at the newer version).
> > > >
> > > > -- Adam
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > On 9/3/07, Gregg Leichtman <gsl1@erols.com> wrote:
> > > >
> > > >>  I have found a bug in the generated JavaScript for the
> > > Select*Shuttle
> > > >> components. A patch follows:
> > > >>
> > > >>  TrShuttleProxy._getDescArray = function(listName) {
> > > >>  //  var descArray = window[listName.replace(':','_') + '_desc'];
> > > >>    var descArray = window[listName.replace (/:/g,'_') + '_desc'];
> > > // gsl fix
> > > >>    return descArray;
> > > >>  }
> > > >>
> > > >>  where listName is content:shuttle1:leading.
> > > >>
> > > >>  The problem is that the listName is not using a global replace;
> > > therefore
> > > >> only the first ':' is being replaced. This worked fine in ADF Faces
> > > before
> > > >> porting to Trinidad where the listName was just "shuttle1:leading".
> > > Note,
> > > >> however, that Trinidad now adds an additional "content" prefix to
> > > the
> > > >> generated inline JavaScript variables:
> > > >>
> > > >>  content_shuttle1_leading_desc=new Array('The First Item
> > > >> Desc',
> > > >>  'The Second Item Desc',
> > > >>  'The Third Item Desc','');
> > > >>  content_shuttle1_trailing_desc=new Array('');
> > > >>
> > > >>  This means that a global replace needs to be done to create the
> > > proper
> > > >> variable name for matching in the JavaScript code. I will report
> > > this on
> > > >> Jira for the Trinidad project.
> > > >>
> > > >>  I don't have access to the latest snapshots. The last one I see is
> > > from
> > > >> July 11th at:
> > > >>
> > > >>
> > > >>
> > > http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/trinidad/trinidad-impl/1.2.1-SNAPSHOT/
> > > >>
> > > >>  If this has been fixed already, then please clear my bug report
> > > which
> > > >> should have the side benefit of letting people know that the bug
> > > has been
> > > >> found and fixed already.
> > > >>
> > > >>                                     -=> Gregg <=-
> > > >>
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>

Mime
View raw message