myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] Working with large tables
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 01:46:32 GMT
The model for the Trinidad table is not java.util.List.  It's
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.model.CollectionModel;  and
Trinidad also supports javax.faces.model.DataModel.
Both of these fully support large datasets.

The Tomahawk page you refer to is 100% applicable to
Trinidad as well, as it talks about the JSF DataModel API,
not anything Tomahawk-specific.  If you want to support
efficient Trinidad sorting on large datasets, you'd need to
implement the full CollectionModel API, not just DataModel.

-- Adam