myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [TRINIDAD] Proposal - fieldset/legend component
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 15:17:00 GMT
Yep, I agree that the Layout suffix shouldn't be there.
I'm wondering if we want a name more abstracted from
the HTML "fieldset" concept, though none really
come to mind.

Or, as a perhaps more radical suggestion, could this be
something embedded inside panelFormLayout?  Like if
we supported "caption" on af:group?

<af:panelFormLayout>
  <af:group caption="Personal Details">
      <af:inputText.../>
  </af:group>
</af:panelFormLayout>

This has some major disadvantages, though.  It's probably
significantly harder to implement (more grunge in the
already grungy PanelFormLayout code) and no way to use it
outside of panelFormLayout.  So I've probably just talked myself
out of this suggestion. :)

-- Adam