myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Nebinger, David" <dnebin...@tbbgl.com>
Subject RE: [Trinidad] Internet Explorer 5.5 ?
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 20:20:38 GMT
> Stephen Friedrich wrote:
> >
> > Now I have two choices:
> > I either fulfill this requirement or I try and pick a fight.
> <devils_advocate>
> And apparently, since everyone in your organization is
> equally lazy, the guidelines will stay fixed forever.  :)
> </devils_advocate>

I think you folks are being way to hard on this guy.  Browser version
support typically is driven by outside forces...  You need to know who
your user base is and what kind of browsers they have.

I'm part of a 3PL, one that works with many mom-n-pop trucking
companies.  I count myself lucky if those folks have a computer at all,
let alone a modern one with a 6.0 or greater IE.  Sure, I could say to
them 'you need to upgrade', but they could turn around and tell me they
don't want my business, something that I need to have.

I'd love to tell everyone to use firefox (as it is more modern and
secure), but the choice is not mine to make, it is the end users'
choice.

Oh, and don't overlook the fact that many govt sites still require IE
5.5 (some even list 5.01 as the required version)...