myfaces-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <delbd+jaka...@oma.be>
Subject Re: Intercepting the request
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 20:34:42 GMT
If the problem is only that you do not want to display the log field at
same time, you can put the log field entry in a section that is only
"rendered" after data are validated. It's still the same "view" but user
now only see the log fields.

Another possibility,  with one page for each data set but only one log page

page1: fill  data change
page 1 action : store in session bean a "request for change objet" (can
even be your action bean itself :p)
navigate to logEntry
logEntry: fill log informaton
logEntry action: store log informations, execute the "request for
change" object you stored

If you want to intercept various steps of JSF lifecycle, this can be
done with a phase listener. However,while phase listener can be great as
a monitoring tool or to handle special query parameter as initialisation
stuff for beans, it can become a mess if you use it to delay actions.