myfaces-users mailing list archives

From jfn555 <jfn...@googlemail.com>
Subject no Javascript <script> tags generated for t: or s: elements when, using tomahawk + sandbox + jsf RI 1.2 + Tomcat 6, no exceptions thrown
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:42:47 GMT
Hi, first the configuration:
I try to run Tomahawk with Sandbox on the JSF RI 1.2 on Apache Tomcat 6.
It all seemed to work fine (<t:selectItems> and so on run really great)
until I tried to get <s:selectManyPicklist> to work (one of the main
reasons I got Sandbox in the first place).

I configured the web.xml according to the extensionFilter example, set
org.apache.myfaces.CHECK_EXTENSIONS_FILTER to true and so on.
The resource filter is set exactly as in the tomahawk examples, this way
(maybe thats the problem, no idea if I should substitute
"myFacesExtensionResource" with something special to my webapp?):
<filter-mapping>
 <filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>
 <url-pattern>/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

Now (finally) to the point of the problem:
everything seems to be generated BUT the
<script>(somepath)picklist.js</script>, thereby causing javascript
errors like:

Error: myfaces_picklist_addToSelected is not defined
Source File: http://localhost:8080/WebTest1/faces/admin/addAccount.jsp
Line: 1

same thing happens if I try to use <t:inputHtml>, error then (of course)
is:

Error: drawertool is not defined
Source File: http://localhost:8080/WebTest1/faces/admin/addAccount.jsp
Line: 1

The server log reports no errors at all, nothing about misconfigured
resourceFilter or smth so:
I have no idea where the problem might be located, if its a
configuration problem or the general setup/usage of containers or if I
should import those javascripts manually with something like <s:script>.

Maybe I should mention that the javascripts for all standard JSF (RI
1.2) tags (those scripts actually embedded in the page) do get generated
and work fine.

Thanks in advance for any help I may get, and a nice day.