myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Renzo Tomaselli <renzo.tomase...@tecnotp.it>
Subject [Trinidad] how to avoid loading tr:table rows twice
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 17:18:22 GMT
Hi all, in all cases where a readonly tr:table is involved - and needed
data are to be loaded from the business layer - then this occurs twice.
Once during restore view (decode) and again during rendering (encode).
The first time is fairly useless for a readonly component, but the
overall doubling can be expensive while loading from a complex business
layer (e.i. a db).
AFAIK this is a JSF side-effect which should affect all components, not
a Trinidad issue. Trees are affected by the same problem as they are
typically readonly.
I just wonder if anybody else got the same conclusion and there is any
workaround.
The only one I can think about concerns detecting current phase and
skipping loading while restoring a view (e .g. returning null as a value
attribute, or at least an empty collection).
Any better suggestion ?