myfaces-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <delbd+jaka...@oma.be>
Subject Re: Passing objects between pages after redirect
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 09:12:37 GMT
Hi,

you have to understand that when you use the <redirect/> rule, the
client browser will issue a request to specified url, without
transmitting anything other than cookies. No request parameter. As such,
only way to keep datas is to store them in session. There is, however, a
usefull tool in sandbox that help you achieve this. Try to document on
the RedirectTrackerManager. It is able to keep your request scoped datas
in your session for a small amount of time during redirection.

En l'instant précis du 06/09/07 10:58, Evgeniy Karimov s'exprimait en
ces termes:
> Sorry original message was without subject field.

side via Tomahawk saveState component. And after user clicks "Next step" button, I want to
redirect him to next page, and pass the collected data to that .faces page. What is best method
to perform that?
>>  I dont wont to pass object with data via session scope bean, because I want the
page1 pass object exclusively to page2, not via all-pages-accessible session scope. Is there
a way to do it? Like write a page2's request bean, so it can be then stored in saveState?
>>  There is something about this problem in saveState source comments, but I can get
how to perform this two action (redirect and pass object) to achieve my aid.

--
http://www.noooxml.org/