myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Simon Lessard" <simon.lessar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [TRINIDAD] find PPR source from StateChangeListener
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 20:38:43 GMT
Hello Adam,

See comments inline.

Thanks,

~ Simon

> A couple problems:
> - It'd be easy enough to list the replaced targets when going from
> busy->ready,
>   but on ready->busy, we don't know what is going to be replaced (the
> server
>   will figure that out).

Yeah, that's why we want to place the icon beside the source, not the
replaced items. Not as intuitive, but at least tell the user there's
something going on. We want that mainly for some dynamic LoV that sometimes
requires a database query requiring a 1~2 second delay, and the marketing
somehow does not like GMail style that much, although I might be able to
have it accepted if the other solution is not possible.

- If you have a series of queued events, you don't get busy->ready until
>   all are completed, so if we had this, you'd see a series of icons show
>   up one by one, and none would go away until all the requests completed.

Ah, that's indeed a show stopper. Unless I do some little JavaScript trick
in the listener to make sure only one icon is visible at a time.

-- Adam