myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Smith" <le.ben.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] Skinning tr:table lines on hover
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 18:35:51 GMT
I ran into the same problem with :hover in IE6 and I came across this solution:

http://lawrence.ecorp.net/inet/samples/css-ie-hover.shtml

Thanks to something non-standard MS included in IE you can get IE to
pretend to support the spec.  It worked for me and it seems to be
ignored by other browsers (only tried Firefox).

--Ben

On 8/31/07, Francisco Passos <francisco.passos@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just discovered our client will be running the application on IE6 :S
>
> Which means I'll have to find some other way. Is there anything else you
> could imagine?
>

> On 8/31/07, Simon Lessard <simon.lessard.3@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It doesn't work in IE 6 because Microsoft, in its ultimate wisdom, decided
> that IE 6 should support :hover only on <a> and that :hover on other
> elements was not so useful and/or to long to implement and/or some other
> very good reasons.
> >
> > I'm pretty sure Miscrosoft would go bankrupt if every single company was
> to sue them for the loss of time and efficiency they suffered to make their
> application work with IE.
> >

> > ~ Simon
> >

> > On 8/31/07, Francisco Passos <francisco.passos@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Indeed it works!
> > >
> > > Firefox and IE7 seem to like this solution, although IE6 doesn't.
> Although I'm not sure if that is going to ultimately matter for the project
> I'm working on, I've got a solution when I thought there might be none.
> > >
> > > Thank you Simon, Andrew and Chris.

> dependent on the rendered html, which means any change in the hierarchy will
> make it stop working.

> background-color}

> banding.

> lot more skinning hooks mainly because we don't want people to have to do
> what you are doing.

> nesting:

> TR > TD {
> TR:hover {

> value="#{facesContext.externalContext.request.cookies}"

> solution.

> implicitly used and

> classes onto
Have you tried: