myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Francisco Passos" <francisco.pas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Browser Back Button
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 22:53:18 GMT

> Simple jsf apps can be written without session-scoped beans, but it
> takes some effort to avoid them in larger apps. The t:saveState tag
> doesn't really scale ;-)

It's a shame to hear that... :(

I guess this means "back to the drawing board".

What kind of a scale are we talking about that makes t:saveState not work as
efficiently as one would like?

And what is the main impact? Bandwidth? Server processing due to constant
serialization / desserialization of beans being kept from previous requests?

These are things important to take in consideration when deciding what to go
for at application design time, because after you commit either to session
or saveState, it gets hard to go back pretty quick.