myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject [OT: IE7 CSS] Standards mode: getting "remainder" height working
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:51:17 GMT
Sorry to put this out on the JSF list, but I am having a difficult
time with IE7 in standards mode.

I am building a page with a header, footer and content. Inside the
content, I have other similar layouts. I would like to have the header
and footer auto-layout and the content take up the remaining height. I
was using CSS with the table for this:

  <tbody>
  </tbody>

Firefox 2.0: works
IE7 quirks mode: works
IE7 standards mode: broken

In IE7 standards mode, the second row takes up 100% of the table's
container height instead the height of the table minus the heights of
the first and third row (which is what I want).

I tried sub-classing the DocumentRenderer from Trinidad and spit out
<!-- IE force quirks mode --> at the top if the agent was IE. The
table then works, but a lot of my other code is broken on the page as
my styles are standards based.

I want to stay in standards mode, but really need the "auto,
remainder, auto" type functionality for element heights.

Microsoft's code always uses quirks mode to get this to work (like the
outlook web interface), so it is hard to find a way to get it to work.

Does anyone know of any tricks to get this to work in standards mode
without a whole lot of JavaScript on resize type code in IE7?

Thanks,
Andrew