myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] Aaaaaargg - validateDoubleRange broken on JSF RI 1.2
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 07:23:18 GMT
> Well, yeah, because these fields are not in the MyFaces implementation it works there,
but breaks in RI.
> How can you argue that there's no need to save/restore the fields because they are non-standard?
> Is the "save format" specified by the standard? The RI does save/restore the fields and
it works ok
> when not using Trinidad. IMHO it is Trinidad that causes the bug by not honoring the
super class specifics.

Well, why should Trinidad care about the minSet/maxSet. They are only
in the RI, as you say.
Not in MyFaces. Wouldn't that cause other issues ?

are these xyzSet fields new in JSF 1.2.x ?

> >> How to fix this?
> >
> > when it is in the RI, ask the sun guys.
> >

> >> BTW: I don't yet understand why client side validation does not kick in even
before
> >> the wrong value gets to the server.
> >
> > Interesting is, that I am also on JSF RI 1.2.x + Trinidad stack, works fine.
> >
> > So, feel free to file an issue, with details (and a test-case ?)
>
> You mean you get client validation, right?
> Or do you also don't see the bug with the server side not validating min/max values?
> Client validation _is_ working in simpler forms for me, maybe my complex page breaks
something.
> I get these warnings in the console. Do you think they can have something to do with
the issue:

> 03:44:16,468 ERROR [STDERR] 30.08.2007 03:44:16 org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.io.DebugHtmlResponseWriter
_errorWithComment
> WARNUNG: Illegal HTML: cannot put a <form> element in a <table> element.
> 03:44:16,828 ERROR [STDERR] 30.08.2007 03:44:16 org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.io.DebugResponseWriter
_logDuplicateId
> WARNUNG: The id "costLimit::icon" is used more than once.
> 03:44:16,828 ERROR [STDERR] 30.08.2007 03:44:16 org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.io.DebugResponseWriter
_logDuplicateId
> WARNUNG: The id "costLimit::msg" is used more than once.
>
> (I definitely do not use the "costLimit" id more than once, no idea why there are duplicates
of these generated ids.

the response writer tells you, that <form> inside a <table> isn't valid HTML.

However, please file an issue, I'll take a look, what's going on.

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org