myfaces-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bug in trinidad-1.0.2-SNAPSHOT with German umlauts and facelets?
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 16:42:45 GMT
Alright, fixed on trunk.  I'll try to make sure this gets into the
official 1.0.2 release.

-- Adam


On 8/9/07, Adam Winer <awiner@gmail.com> wrote:
> What I've found in early testing is that:
> - Everything works fine if your page is in UTF-8
> - In ISO-8859-1, the very first request is handled poorly;  subsequent
>   requests seem to work fine
>
> I know that XMLHttp requests are *always* delivered as UTF-8,
> and this is likely the issue here - the characters are being
> sent as UTF-8 from the browser, but interpreted as ISO-8859-1
> on the server.
>
> I can definitely say that I STRONGLY recommend web
> developers use UTF-8, and abandon all the old
> character sets.  Not just my advice, that's advice given
> in general.  Still, this should work and I'll give fixing it a whirl.
>
> -- Adam
>
>
>
> On 8/9/07, Adam Winer <awiner@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'll try to have a look at this today (this'd be an important
> > bug to nail before releasing 1.0.2.)
> >
> > -- Adam
> >
> >
> > On 8/9/07, daniel.niklas@continentale.de <daniel.niklas@continentale.de> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > i've probably found a bug with german umlauts and PPR in trinidad
> > > 1.0.2-SNAPSHOT in combination with facelets.
> > > After a PPR-Request within a panelTabbed the submitted values, which contains
> > > german umlauts, are broken. The encoding of the xhtml-file ist ISO-8859-1,
> > > even to support values with german umlauts there. The initial result of my
> > > example-page is all right.
> > >
> > > I've tested in the following environment:
> > > - trinidad-api, trinidad-impl - 1.0.2-SNAPSHOT
> > > - myfaces-api, myfaces-impl - 1.1.6-SNAPSHOT
> > > - jsf-facelets - 1.1.12
> > > - jetty - 6.1.3
> > > (- Firefox 2, IE 6)
> > >
> > > Here is my example-page:
> > >
> > > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
> > > <trh:html xmlns:trh="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/html"
> > >         xmlns:tr="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad">
> > >
> > > <trh:head>
> > >         <title>PPR-Bug in 1.0.2-SNAPSHOT?</title>
> > > </trh:head>
> > > <trh:body>
> > >
> > >         <tr:form>
> > >
> > >                 <tr:panelTabbed position="above">
> > >                         <tr:showDetailItem text="tab 1">
> > >                                 <tr:inputText label="inputText tab 1"
> > > value="รค"></tr:inputText>
> > >                         </tr:showDetailItem>
> > >                         <tr:showDetailItem text="tab 2">
> > >                                 <tr:inputText label="inputText tab 2"
> > > value=""></tr:inputText>
> > >                         </tr:showDetailItem>
> > >                 </tr:panelTabbed>
> > >
> > >         </tr:form>
> > >
> > > </trh:body>
> > > </trh:html>
> > >
> > > There are no such problems with trinidad 1.0.1 artefacts.
> > >
> > > Greetings
> > > Daniel
> > >
> >
>

Mime
View raw message