myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: Configured jsf forwarding to jsp
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 08:42:15 GMT
---- Earnest Dyke <earniedyke@yahoo.com> schrieb:
> Greetings,

I have a simple JSF implementation (see below for faces-config) that has to jsf pages. When
I go to http://localhost:8080/Sim/Sim.jsf it forwards to Sim.jsp and I can't figure out why.
Should be pretty simple. I am running MyFaces 1.1.5 in JBoss 4.0.5 GA. My web.xml is below
also.

What do you mean by "forwards to Sim.jsp"?

If you mean that a redirect message is returned by the server, so that the browser executes
a new request for "Sim.jsp" (and updates its url-bar to match) then that is odd.

If you mean that an internal forward occurs within the servlet engine, then that is totally
expected and is how JSF works when using JSP; it just sets up some environment stuff then
"jumps to" the jsp servlet. Jsp tags (eg f:view or h:outputText) then call into JSF library
code.

Regards, Simon.