myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "daniel ccss" <danielcc...@gmail.com>
Subject Readonly + Validator
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 13:30:39 GMT
 Hi all, I have 2 questions:

*Question1:*

In my JSP I have:

                            <h:selectOneMenu value="#{
DiaFeriadoBean.tipFeriado }" readonly="true">
                                <f:selectItems value="#{
DiaFeriadoBean.tiposFeriadosSelect}" />
                            </h:selectOneMenu>

And In the DiaFeriadoBean the value of tipFeriado property is 0, I tried
with disabled = true, but is the same, If I quit the reaonly="true" then I
can get the value, My question is how can I get the value of a property that
is read only?

*Question2:*
**
I use custom validators, and I need one to pass the value that the user
enter to UpperCase:

public class TextValidator implements Validator {

public void validate(FacesContext facesContext, UIComponent uIComponent,
Object value) throws ValidatorException{

What I need is that in this validate method change the value of the
component to UpperCase, I have a javascript to do that, but I also want to
have it on a validator method, how can I set the value of the component to
the same value but toUpperCase something like uIComponent =
value.toUpperCase.

Regards,

Daniel