myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Simon Lessard" <simon.lessar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] Skinning tr:table lines on hover
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:39:40 GMT
It doesn't work in IE 6 because Microsoft, in its ultimate wisdom, decided
that IE 6 should support :hover only on <a> and that :hover on other
elements was not so useful and/or to long to implement and/or some other
very good reasons.

I'm pretty sure Miscrosoft would go bankrupt if every single company was to
sue them for the loss of time and efficiency they suffered to make their
application work with IE.

~ Simon

On 8/31/07, Francisco Passos <francisco.passos@gmail.com> wrote:

> Indeed it works!
>
> Firefox and IE7 seem to like this solution, although IE6 doesn't. Although
> I'm not sure if that is going to ultimately matter for the project I'm
> working on, I've got a solution when I thought there might be none.
>
> Thank you Simon, Andrew and Chris.
>
> On 8/31/07, Simon Lessard <simon.lessard.3@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Francisco,
> >
> > Try the following selectors
> > af|table::content tr:hover af|column::cell-text
> > af|table::content tr:hover af|column::cell-text-band
> >
> > I did not test it though, but it should work.
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > ~ Simon
> >
> > On 8/31/07, Francisco Passos <francisco.passos@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you for all your tips!
> > >
> > > Andrew, your solution might work, but as you put it, it is highly
> > > dependent on the rendered html, which means any change in the hierarchy will
> > > make it stop working.
> > >
> > > As for Simon, your solution:
> > >
> > > af|table::content tr:hover
> > > {
> > >   background-color: yellow;
> > > }
> > >
> > > Doesn't work, because I'm using banding.
> > >
> > > However if I add
> > >
> > > af|column::cell-text{-tr-inhibit: background-color}
> > >
> > > af|column::cell-text-band{-tr-inhibit: background-color}
> > >
> > > like Chris suggested, it works fine for the hover, but I lose banding.
> > >

> > > Is there a way to get hover AND banding together?

TD {