myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Michał 'Gandalf' Stawicki" <stawi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PPR - Update an inputText dont work
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:57:25 GMT
In my case, I just put fields in form named objectDetForm and when I
need to reset them:

private void resetFields()
	{
		UIComponent c =
FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getViewRoot().findComponent("objectDetForm");
		if(c != null && c.getParent() != null)
			c.getParent().getChildren().remove(c);

	}

It's dirty, but for me it works

On 16/07/07, David Brunette <David.Brunette@chordiant.com> wrote:

>      Hello.
>

>      I am having trouble with this as well.  But, the difference in my
> situation is that the inputText components that I am trying to reset are in
> a table.  I'm having trouble getting a hold of those components in the table
> so I can reset the values.  I've tried a couple things, such as binding the
> table to my bean and then trying to loop through all of its children
> (recursively) to find the inputTexts… but that didn't solve the issue for
> me.
>

>      Any idea on what I can do with the inputText components in the table??
> Thanks…
>

> Dave

Michał Stawicki

stawicki@gmail.com