myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Francisco Passos" <francisco.pas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] tr:panelTabbed examples?
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 14:22:50 GMT
Because it doesn't support dynamic tabs in the first place. I didn't try
tr:iterator though. And probably it's time to give it a try. I think when I
tried c:forEach it didn't work.

What I want is to show a list of items below. However I want them to be
filtered according to a category. I currently have a tr:table with all the
items.

What I need is:

1. dynamic tabs
2. know which tab is selected
3. force the rerender of the table on tab click (and because of number 2 I
can feed the elements from that category)

Francisco

On 7/5/07, Simon Lessard <simon.lessard.3@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Francisco,
>
> Why did you drop panelTabbed for that need? It's what it does, show a part
> of the page (showDetailItem content) based on user selection.
>
> On 7/5/07, Francisco Passos <francisco.passos@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, I should have explained it sooner.
> >
> > What I intend is to have a couple of tabs (dynamically rendered) that
> > will allow the presentation of something below (with PPR) which depends on
> > which tab is selected.
> >
> > Since I'm not yet proficient with these technologies I'm going to
> > evaluate alternatives to the implementation of MenuModel.
> >
> > Thank you for all your help!
> >
> > Francisco Passos
> >
> > On 7/5/07, Simon Lessard <simon.lessard.3@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello Francisco,
> > >
> > > From what I understand of your menu system, you want to stay in the
> > > same page. If that's the case, then ViewIdPropertyModel is not appropriate
> > > as it was explicitely made for one tab -> one page/viewId. For your need
you
> > > might have to create your own implementation of MenuModel.

NamingContainer, thus it will

set a

wrote:

> [...]
but it depends on
are stamped, which is an information I believe we
on, unless we had some kind of control over

and here's what

hint="tabs"
text="#{
partialSubmit="true"
to="#{
/>

partialTriggers="tab"

on the tab, which is the good news :)

tab isn't changing its
And the outputText below does not update
partialTriggers to "tab" as well as "tabber".

<
wrote:

> [...]
component id. Being an
- Tridindad adds a progressive index while stamping out

fc =
actionItem =
actionItem.getClientId(fc);
0) {
+ 1);
= Integer.parseInt

for all Trinidad iterating
that stamping includesTrinidad components only.
can be easily forgotten by Trinidad (then duplicated id
me why.

is great.

know what tab has been
act accordingly on the actionListener?

<
wrote:

> [...]
is an iterating
- no need for an explicit loop. I do it like this (using

id="selected" value="#{
id="tabs" value="#{
id="tabber"
name="nodeStamp">
actionListener="#{

    id="tab"
tab)}" icon="#{
src="#{bean.component}"

the tab list to the
below the tabs - is dynamically taken from a bean.
selection are made
by means of saveState (my beans are only

to populate dinamically
or a navigationPane.

panelTabbed renders
appears) and this is shown on the logs:
is allowed as

and navigationPane, an
component hierarchy
but found another type of component instead.
:

luck with JSTL now,
know of a solution, do tell :)

Passos* <
wrote:

> [...]
my doubt. By the way, if
it would be cool if panelTabbed had alternative
much like navigationPage.

I've added the missing entry
although obviously it may still be incomplete.

Wessendorf* <matzew@apache.org>

infos like this,

<simon.lessard.3@gmail.com>

replaced by navigationPane

> [...]