myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting contents for Tree2 component
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:21:13 GMT
Something like:

ResultSet rs = ...;
Map<String, TreeNodeBase> nodes = new HashMap<String, TreeNodeBase>();
Map<String, Set<String>> hier = new HashMap<String, Set<String>>();
TreeNodeBase rootNode = new TreeNodeBase();

while (rs.next()) {
TreeNodeBase node = new TreeNodeBase();
node.setIdentifier(rs.getString(1));
node.setDescription(rs.getString(2));
String parentId = rs.getString(3);
node.setLeaf(true);
if (parentId != null) {
Set<String> ids = hier.get(parentId);
if (ids == null) {
ids = new HashSet<String>();
hier.put(parentId, ids);
} else {
rootNode.getChildren().add(node);
}
ids.add(node.getIdentifier());
nodes.put(node.getIdentifier(), node);
}

for (String parentId : hier) {
Set<String> ids = hier.get(parentId);
if (ids == null) { continue; }
TreeNodeBase parentNode = nodes.get(parentId);
parentNode.setLeaf(false);
for (String nodeId : ids) {
TreeNodeBase childNode = nodes.get(nodeId);
parentNode.getChildren().add(childNode);
}
}

return new TreeModelBase(rootNode);