myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Zied Hamdi" <javaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: facelets vs. jsp
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:26:49 GMT
Werner Punz wrote:
>Mostly for now JSF is a mechanism for server side user interfaces, so
it spans naturally into server side rendered uis easiest

Surely since it's based on the servlet API, but I think the servlet API is
abtract enough to be exended to any user machine interaction. When I was
just reading without applying JSF, I was thinking JSF events are processed
at the moment they occur, which a completely possible alternative through
Ajax, When java come in, everybody was saying : it's too slow, and I fan of
java, was answering: you said C++ is too slow (compared to C) but machines
come faster and the user experience stopped to be handicaped. I think the
same phenomena is coming with internet connection speed and the
client-server applications: every application will be client server based in
the future, the need is clearely there... being the first to believe in that
"write once deploy everywhere" can be extended to these limits can have some
advantages on our next ten years salaries ;-).

--
Zied Hamdi
zatreex.sourceforge.net