myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Robert Stokes <rsto...@fs.fed.us>
Subject Re: Facelets PPR id question (should I submit a JIRA?)
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:03:18 GMT
Dan,

It's a facelet issue, I don't remember all of the specifics but on a ppr
request, facelets is regenerating the component tree for some reason and
will assign a new id if you don't have one set. The different id causes the
action to never happen. A person I work with did a patch to facelets to fix
the issue, but I don't think he ever submitted back to the facelets
project. I'll try to find out if he remembers the specifics.

Rob Stokes

             "Hannum, Daniel"
             <Daniel_Hannum@Pr
             emierInc.com>                                              To
                                       "MyFaces Discussion"
             07/10/2007 02:47          <users@myfaces.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Facelets PPR id question (should I
                 "MyFaces              submit a JIRA?)
                Discussion"
             <users@myfaces.ap
                 ache.org>

I found this article:

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Facelets_with_Trinidad

There’s a section, “Using Trinidad PPR (Partial Page Rendering) with
Facelets”, which discusses an issue where unless you have id’s on all your
command components, you get the same page redisplayed instead of where you
wanted to go.

I was getting bitten in the ass by this for a long time until I finally
stumbled across that footnote.

I didn’t see a JIRA issue to address this? I’m prepared to add one if there
isn’t. Is it a Trinidad issue or a Facelets issue? Does anyone know?

Thanks
Dan

***Note:The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
please notify the Sender immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Premier Inc.