myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Laperle, Denis" <DLape...@optinf.ca>
Subject RE: Trinidad table paging
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:07:06 GMT
Francisco

I'm now using the process scope feature of Trinidad and it's works fine but it means that
I will have to clear the process scope context manually at the appropriate time within the
application to avoid high memory consumption on the server side.

I will add some navigation cases and see what else I need to save within process scope variables
in a typical CRUD application.

Thank you

Denis

________________________________

De : Francisco Passos [mailto:francisco.passos@gmail.com]
Envoyé : 13 juillet 2007 05:00
À : MyFaces Discussion
Objet : Re: Trinidad table paging

As I have come to understand, this is expected. Although personally I believe it is not intuitive
at all for any user.

What happens is your bean is request scoped and as such its contents are lost when you make
the second request. What you need is either request-scoped state saving (for instance using
Tomahawk's saveState component) or using Trinidad's processScope, which I'm convinced uses
session-scoped variables to keep state in a clever way.

Personally I'm using t:saveState and everything works like a charm - table paging and inner
table support (having tables render inside a column of a table) with paging.