myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with <tr:inputFile> in Seam 1.2.1GA and Trinidad 1.0.1
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:27:54 GMT
The relevant exception is:

> org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.config.upload.UploadedF
> iles$FixFilename
>  at
> com.colconnect.reel.session.GestionPlantilla.fileUploaded
> (GestionPlantilla.java:58)

I'm gonna guess that line 58 is:

>  UploadedFile archivo = (UploadedFile) event.getNewValue();

I can guarantee that FixFilename does in fact implement
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.model.UploadedFile.

So there's two possibilities:
- You're importing a different UploadedFile interface (I'm guessing
  that's the issue)
- You've got a classpath issue with two versions of Trinidad
  (less likely).

FWIW, I've always been apalled that ClassCastExceptions don't
tell you both what it was trying to cast and what it was trying
to cast *to*.  Would make life easier.

-- Adam