myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] tr:inputText required="true" silently blocks submission
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 23:22:00 GMT
If you remove simple="true" from the inputText, what happens?
Or, if you set an "id" on the tr:inputText and add a tr:message
component, what happens?  simple="true" means
there's no implict message component in the content.

My suspicion is that the client-side validation is trying
to show the error message inline, failing to find anywhere
to write the message, and just swallowing it.  We
could either:
  1. show these messages as JS alerts
  2. show these messages in some other block of content,
    picked perhaps arbitrarily  (in tr:messages by default,
     otherwise at the head of the page?)
  3. blow off client-side validation altogether for those elements

-- Adam