myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Wolf Benz" <euroj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Myfaces 1.2.0 setup issues (again)
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:58:36 GMT
Hi allThanks for the help so far guys.
After yesterday's struggling,  I wasn't really in the mood today to pick it
up again so quickly. Will try again this WE.

Short question aside:
I've got nothing against facelets (quite the contrary), but I understand
from previous postings the combo Tomcat6 - MF120 - Tomahawk - JSP is a dead
end.
I think this is a problem as I guess most users will use this combo.
Tomcat6 is kinda a standard and if you don't need Tomahawk, why not just use
the RI... (MF could learn smth from their easy setup -- I think there's
great value in defaulting much more so that the web.xml can remain much
easier than MF makes it now)
Facelets is better than JSP yet most users still use JSP...
Certainly as I guess what most users will forst attempt(like myself) is
migrate old apps to the new MF std.
Or does JSP work if you just don't use JSTL?

How good are your contacts with the Apache Tomcat team to perhaps address
this issue in an incremental Tomcat release? (should this be the best way to
solve this decoupling)

Wolf