myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Danny Robinson" <dannyjrobin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] <tr:inputText /> Submit PPR On Enter
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:59:44 GMT
Until then, you could call your own function in onkeyup that checked for
Enter key being hit, and caused a hidden commandButton (one per inputText
that needed this feature) to be pressed which would perform the PPR.  You'd
likely not be able to easily use defaultCommand with this solution though.

> currently the PPR function is *rendered* out to onchange, to cause the
> PPR, when you tab out.
>
> We could add this for onkeyup event, when no defaultCommand is set on
> form and check inside if ENTER was the pressed key. Sounds like an
> enhancement request ?
>
> -Matthuas
>
> On 7/12/07, William Hoover <whoover@nemours.org> wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply!
> >
> > I have considered using defaultCommand on the form, but I have a form
> that has multiple <tr:inputText /> each having it's own call to a backing
> bean method. They are all in the same form because they share other common
> fields within it.
> >
> > Any other suggestions?

Chordiant Software Inc.
www.chordiant.com