myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "William Hoover" <whoo...@nemours.org>
Subject RE: [Trinidad] Renderer Listeners
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:49:36 GMT
Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this working?

On a side note... I think it would be a nice enhancement to add renderer listeners to the
base component to allow events to be fired before/after a component renders. I think there
would be a lot less developers attempting to extend components for trivial application specific
tweaks. Any thoughts?

-----Original Message-----
From: William Hoover [mailto:whoover@nemours.org]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 4:08 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: RE: [Trinidad] Renderer Listeners

As you guessed it, there are links within each table row that contain a f:param that holds
data for that row. When the user clicks on that row I need to update a separate input field
(outside the table- inside the same form) with the value from the f:param. I need this to
happen on the client side before the page submits.

I know that I can make this happen using EL in the link's onclick attribute based upon the
current row data and the separate input field id (i.e. onclick="javascript: setInputValue('separateInputFieldId',#{row.someValue}';"),
but I have a table view that gets reused quite a bit that may or may not need this feature
based upon individual needs. Also, I'm not sure that it's a good idea to capture the client
id for the separate input field in this manner due to the client id dependency on naming containers.
That's why I'm looking for a programmatic solution that will add the needed javascript call
on an as needed basis before the link/param are rendered outside the jsf page.