myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Sochor Zdeněk <zdenek.soc...@ataco.cz>
Subject Re: HTML inside commandLink or -button
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:15:43 GMT
Hi,
  commandButton tag is rendered as html <input type="submit".../>
element, which  must not contain inner  elements. (both definitions from
respective specs for JSF, HTML 4)
If you want to have inner tags in buttons, you have to extend renderer
for button and rewrite  its encoding to use html <button></button>
element along with encoding children tags/elements.

Zdenek