myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Graeme Steyn" <g.st...@cqu.edu.au>
Subject RE: [Trinidad] Using Spring Web Flow with Trinidad?
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2007 01:55:18 GMT
Adam,

Thanks for the response.  Your hunch is right. Sprig Web Flow makes use
of the following:

<navigation-handler>org.springframework.webflow.executor.jsf.FlowNavigat
ionHandler</navigation-handler>
<variable-resolver>org.springframework.webflow.executor.jsf.DelegatingFl
owVariableResolver</variable-resolver>
<phase-listener>org.springframework.webflow.executor.jsf.FlowPhaseListen
er</phase-listener>

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I will spend some time
trying to see what the wrapping order is, etc.

Regards,

Graeme.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Winer [mailto:awiner@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, 29 July 2007 4:12 AM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: [Trinidad] Using Spring Web Flow with Trinidad?

On 7/27/07, Graeme Steyn <g.steyn@cqu.edu.au> wrote:

> I am currently looking at introducing some form of conversation state
> management into an existing Trinidad-1.2.1/Facelets-1.1.12 web
> application that currently makes use of Trinidad's Dialog Framework.
> Ultimately, I would like to prevent issues that can occur if the use
> starts multiple conversations and data is stored in session scope.  I
> would also like to restrict their ability to access the workflow by
> directly entering a URL for one of the pages in the middle of the
> workflow, instead of going through the designated start page.  We are
> already making use of Spring in many areas and Spring Web Flow would
be a natural extension to try use.

> - Has anyone attempted to use Spring Web Flow with Trinidad?
>
> - Are there any common integration issues/pitfalls?
>
> - Is it worth looking at Spring Web Flow, or would the use of
> pageFlowScope and phaseListeners for a custom solution be easier?
>
> The first thing that came to mind was the Dialog Framework-Spring Web
> Flow interaction.  I am not sure how this would work or if it would
> even work.  A quick initial attempt resulted in the following error:
>
> javax.faces.el.EvaluationException:
> /views/lastSchoolSearch.xhtml @172,55
> actionListener="#{lastSchoolSearch.done}":
java.lang.IllegalStateException:
> popView(): No view has been pushed.
>
> Dialogue gets displayed based on the following transitions, but fails
> when returning.

My hunch is that "dialog:" is not actually really launching the dialog.
As for why, I'd wonder how Spring Web Flow is installing.  My guess is
that it's a NavigationHandler wrapper (is that accurate?)  and if so,
for "dialog:" to magically work you'd have to make sure that the
Trinidad "dialog:"
ViewHandler wrapper wraps the SWF ViewHandler wrapper, not the other way
around.

-- Adam