myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Caroline Jen <jiapei_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Want to Stop Text Wrap Around in Table Cells
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:23:56 GMT
My <div class="nowrap"> is outside the <h:dataTable
...> tag.  I simply cannot stop text wrapping around
in table cells.
--- Andrew Robinson <andrew.rw.robinson@gmail.com>
wrote:

> TD ignores the overflow style attribute in my
> experience. I would suggest:
>
> CSS:
> DIV.nowrap { white-space: nowrap; overflow: auto; }
>
> <h:dataTable>
>   <h:column>
>   </h:column>
> </h:dataTable>
>
> On 7/10/07, Caroline Jen <jiapei_jen@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > I display a table inside a <div> because I want to
> > show scrollbars. However, I have wrapped around
> text
> > inside table cells although I provide enough width
> > each column and used white-space:nowrap;
> > overflow-x:scroll. How do I make all text in each
> > table cell displayed in one single line?
> >
> > code:

> > ....<style>
> > .scrollbar
> >    {        overflow-y:auto;
> overflow-x:scroll;
> >         scrollbar-face-color: #C0C0C0;
> > scrollbar-arrow-color: #587090;
> > scrollbar-track-color: #90A0B0;
> > scrollbar-shadow-color: #7B7B7B;
> > scrollbar-highlight-color: #F9F9F9;
> > scrollbar-3dlight-color: #FFFFFF;
> > scrollbar-darkshadow-Color: #8B8B8B;
> >      }
> > .lovTableDefault
> >         {
> >                 BORDER-TOP: #006699 1.5px solid;
>              BORDER-LEFT:
> > #006699 1.5px solid;            BORDER-RIGHT:
> white 1.5px
> > solid;          BORDER-BOTTOM: white 1.5px solid;
>              padding:
> > 3px;        overflow-y:auto;
> overflow-x:scroll;
> >         white-space: nowrap;
> >         }
> > .tableHeaderDefault
> >         {
> >                 text-align: left;
> white-space: nowrap;            FONT-SIZE:
> > 0.7em;          FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica,
> sans-serif;
> >                 }
> > .codeColumn
> >         {
> >                 text-align: left;
> FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, sans-serif;
> >                 font-size:0.7em;
> width: 7em;             white-space: nowrap;
> > border: 0;
> >         }
> > .descriptionColumn
> >         {
> >                 text-align: left;
> FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, sans-serif;
> >                 font-size:0.7em;
> width: 30em;            white-space: nowrap;
> >         border: 0;
> >         }
> > id="container" class="scrollbar">
>                                      <h:dataTable
> > value="#{countriesManagementBean.countriesList}"
> > var="country"
>                              id="countryTable"
> > styleClass="lovTableDefault"
>
> border="0"
> > cellspacing="1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"
> > headerClass="tableHeaderDefault"
> > columnClasses="codeColumn, descriptionColumn">
> [...]

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on
us. http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7