myfaces-users mailing list archives

From mraible <m...@raibledesigns.com>
Subject Does MyFaces 1.2 require JSP 2.1?
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:58:49 GMT

>From what I can tell, MyFaces 1.2 requires JSP 2.1. I developed a quick
prototype using MyFaces 1.2 + Facelets 1.1.13 and I get the following error
on startup:

Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.servlet.jsp.JspFactory.getJspApplicationContext(Ljavax/servlet/ServletContext;)Ljavax/servlet/jsp/JspApplicationContext;
        at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.DefaultFacesInitializer.initFaces(DefaultFacesInitializer.java:102)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener.contextInitialized(StartupServletContextListener.java:57)

If I deploy my app to Tomcat 6, this problem doesn't exist. If I change from
MyFaces 1.2 to Sun's RI 1.2_04, this problem doesn't exist either. For this
reason, it appears to me that MyFaces 1.2 requires JSP 2.1.

Cheers,

Matt