myfaces-users mailing list archives

From bansi <mail2ba...@yahoo.com>
Subject Session OR Request Scope - JSF
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:55:23 GMT

My Search Backing Bean (JSF)  displays the resultSet as list of object
properties along with a hyperlink for Edit/Update.

When i click on the hyperlink Edit , i am passing "id" value of the object,
so that i can load the object , which eventually renders data on Update Form

I have defined the "id" as managed-property in faces-config.xml . It works
only if the managed-bean is defined under "request" scope. Otherwise it
throws the following exception for Session scope

javax.faces.FacesException: Property id references object in a scope with
shorter lifetime than the target scope session

Please note my requirement is to have managed-bean in session scope as it
has lots of other stuff like h:selectManyListBox which works only in session
scope

Any pointers/suggestions will be highly appreciated