myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Toppac <top...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Converter.getAsString not called?
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 21:27:30 GMT

Ok I follow. There a couple of problems here though. let's say my converter
is for java.lang.Integer and the submitted value from the POST is "abc". I
can't use the default converter since it will throw an exception and try to
skip directly to renderResponse, not what i want to happen. Right now my
converter is just returning null at this point and caches the submitted
value. The rest of the lifecycle goes through and during update model the
submitted value is set to null since updateModel succeeds.

During renderResponse it appears that it tries to get the value from the
component first, and if the component does not have a value it tries to get
it from evaluating the value binding (see UiOutput.getValue). In this case
they are both null, which is expected. But it never tries to call my
converter which would restore the cached submitted valued.