myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Zarick Lau" <zar...@gmail.com>
Subject [Trinidad] Skin of Table header row
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:12:25 GMT
Hi lists,

I've got a few questions about skinning in Trinidad. Would anyone mind to
give me some help?

1. First, I failed to set style for table header.

In <tr:table>, I add a "table title" via
<f:facet name="header">
</f:facet>
<!-- some other usual table stuff here -->

I try to define the skin CSS, but there is no af:table::header or so in the
skin-selectors document.
Finally, I found that, it use a af|column::sortable-header-icon-format
selector.
(ref:
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.desktop.DesktopTableRenderer::_renderTableHeader
)

However, this selector looks quite strange. And from the skin selector doc,
this selector is used for
>> "Styles the icon sortable column headers."

So, is there any better way to "style" table header? At least, I hope I can
have a different color
for table header and column header.

2. My second question is also related to <tr:table>. Whatever how I set the
CSS, sortable column header will insists
using a border style like this:
border-style: inset;
border-width: 2px;

What's the correct approach to control the border style and border width for
all tr:table contents?

3. Is it possible that, Trinidad will output more information in the
generated CSS resource?
It is so..... inefficiently for me to do styling..

4. Finally, I find some .xss files in Trinidad sources, is it the definitely
way to completely define a "skin"?
As I know, defining the CSS files is only "customizing"  or "extending" the
simple skin.

Regards,
Zarick