myfaces-users mailing list archives

From kindsol <kind...@hotpop.com>
Subject Re: Sandbox convertDateTime doesn't reload the timezone
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:07:19 GMT
I had no luck with a custom converter which dynamically reads it's
attributes in the getAsString() method call.  I could only get the
attributes for the converter to be read once -- if the attribute
values changed, the converter would not notice (which I think is a
serious limitation)

Just in case someone stumbles on this thread, I implemented the
following solution which programatically associates a converter with
a UIComponent:

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Dynamic-Converter-p454911.html

Hope this helps someone in the future.

-Sol